An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
A webcam or HD webcam - built-in, USB plug-in, or:
- An HD cam or HD camcorder with a video-capture card Note: See the list of supported devices.
- Virtual camera software for use with broadcasting software like OBS or IP cameras Note: For macOS, Zoom client 5.1.1 or higher is required.
Supported operating systems
- MacOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10* Note: Devices running Windows 10 must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
Supported tablet and mobile devices
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
Note: Some features in the web client are not supported on Internet Explorer.
Processor and RAM requirements
||Single-core 1Ghz or higher
||Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- Dual and single-core laptops have a reduced frame rate when screen sharing (around 5 frames per second). For optimum screen-sharing performance on laptops, we recommend a quad-core processor or higher.
- Linux requires a processor or graphics card that can support OpenGL 2.0 or higher.
High-DPI displays are supported in Zoom version 3.5 or higher
The bandwidth used by Zoom will be optimized for the best experience based on the participant‘s’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi, or wired environments.
Recommended bandwidth for meetings and webinar panelists:
- For 1:1 video calling:
- 600kbps (up/down) for high-quality video
- 1.2Mbps (up/down) for 720p HD video
- Receiving 1080p HD video requires 1.8Mbps (up/down)
- Sending 1080p HD video requires 1.8Mbps (up/down)
- For group video calling:
- 800kbps/1.0 Mbps (up/down) for high-quality video
- For gallery view and/or 720p HD video: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down)
- Receiving 1080p HD video requires 2.5Mbps (up/down)
- Sending 1080p HD video requires 3.0Mbps (up/down)
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps
- For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps
- For Zoom Phone: 60-100kbps
Recommended bandwidth for webinar attendees:
- For 1:1 video calling: 600kbps (down) for high-quality video and 1.2Mbps (down) for HD video
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail): 50-75kbps (down)
- For screen sharing with video thumbnail: 50-150kbps (down)
- For audio VoiP: 60-80kbps (down)